Wood End Park Academy - 2017/18
Dear Parents / Carers of Wood End Park academy’s community,
has been a pleasure to work with and continue to work with our families
of Wood End Park academy. If you are new to our school then: Welcome!
is via our parent partnership that the quality of learning by our
pupils has strengthened. With your support, colleagues have been able
to teach Wood End Park pupils to achieve impressive performance
outcomes: 2016/17 successes include:
One of our Targets of 2017/18:
Attendance increasing over the years. This is very important; if the
children are not in school they cannot access the learning!
of pupils left Reception with a ‘Good Level of Development’ and this is
5% higher than the previous year (the national average for 15/16 was
- 93% of Year 1 pupils passed the Phonics Screening test (81% was the national average for 15/16)
- More pupils in Year 2 met the expected standards in Reading (76%), Writing (72%) and Mathematics (77%)
left our academy, to enter their secondary school, with SATs results
higher than the national average in: writing, mathematics and grammar
- Wood End Park Academy won the Federation Event for Dodgeball and came 2nd in Tennis and Football
- Wood End Park Academy came 2nd in the Federation Event for Mathematics
- Our boys cricket team are the current Borough Champions in cricket -two years running
- To continue work in raising achievement in reading so pupils leave the end of KS2 at least in line with their peers nationally.
did increase by 9% however we wish our pupils to be able to answer
their SATs comprehension paper as well as other children in the
country. What you can do to help:
- Please do ensure
you are hearing your own children read each day and are able to ask
them good questions about their book. Do ensure that your child is
reading a book that is at the right level for them and not too easy- do
discuss any concerns you have over your child’s reading with his/her
- Pupils need to read a range of books and compare
them e.g. discussing the similarities and differences between
characters, plot, theme and author’s style of writing.
- Do ensure your child is a member of the local library, choosing books of interest and changing these regularly.
- Help your child to achieve the Star Reader badge that we offer at the academy. There are three types: bronze, silver and gold.
will also continue with our Curriculum Exhibitions so you can view and
support the quality of work in other subjects. This year we will have
Exhibitions in the areas of:
- Art and DT
- Opening Minds
you for your continuous support and I do hope you can continue to
support with our targets. By working together, we can achieve even
greater success for our children!
Ms Surjeet Johra